Year in Review
It’s that time again. The time to look back at the past year—and look ahead to the new one.
2022 was a year of a lot of ups and a lot of downs. And twists. And curves. Here are some of my highlights:
- I wrote 615,731 words or 9 books
- Released 9 books
- Released 2 special hardcover editions of the Dragon Kings
- Started 2 new series
- Relaunched a backlist series
- Hit the USA Today bestsellers list with DISSENT an anthology for women’s reproductive rights
- Attended RAM (writer’s conference) and Sultry in the City (reader conference)
- Took 4 online workshops
- Sliced off the tip of my ring finger (that still bothers me 11 weeks after it happened)
- Read 52 books this year
- Didn’t put a dent in my TBR pile. It actually grew. (but that’s what’s supposed to happen, right?)
2023 is going to be a kickass year. There are some secret things in the works that will be announced next year. I also have a packed release schedule, two events (Book Bonanza and Readers on the River), an author’s retreat, and, hopefully, an actual vacation.
Every month I listed my favorite things (movies, books, TV shows). I’ve got the TOP 5 for each from the year.
MY TOP 5 TV SHOWS
- The Witcher
- The Rings of Power
- For All Mankind and The Sandman tie
MY TOP 5 BOOKS
- Kelley Armstrong’s Casey Duncan (Rockton) series.
- Kelley Armstrong’s A Rip Through Time
- Samantha Young’s Adair Family series
- Linda Castillo’s The Hidden One
- Lorraine Heath’s Beauty Tempts the Beast
MY TOP 5 MOVIES
- Glass Onion
- Top Gun Maverick
- The 355
- Violent Night
- Jurassic World
From my heart to yours, I’m wishing you a very Happy New Year full of gratitude, health, love, and kindness!
Leave a Comment